September 18, 2009

To the Mean Lady at IKEA

Dear Mean Lady,

You hit my kid. In the head. With a door.

In your rush to get to the bathroom 'in time,' you knocked over a 30-lb toddler who was minding his own business, waiting for Mommy to wash up.

Next time you go barrelling into a room, be sure there are no small children behind the door. Oh, and if there IS one, and you DO knock into him, please be sure to APOLOGIZE. It's only polite.

For good measure, if he's screaming and crying, and his mom is trying to calm him down on one side and holding a baby girl on the other side, do the mom a favor and OFFER SOME HELP! Even if it's only to go get someone else! Yeah, you asked if he was bleeding. And when I assured you he was not, you ran away, clearly glad there was no lawsuit in the wings.

You're mean. I just wanted you to know.

Sincerely,
The Quietly-Seething Mommy who now wishes she'd bitten your head off when she had the chance!

2 confessions & pardons:

Dawn said...

That's horrible! I am assuming you weren't using the kids' bathroom. The Ikea in VA had a kids' only bathroom which was decorated, had free diapers, toys to play with, a nursing chair, etc. It was also a private room with a lock.

I like the idea of writing fake notes to mean people we encounter. I just might have to do this in the future.

blueberryeyesdesign said...

I cannot believe that! I wish I was there, I would have taken her out! ugh!