October 25, 2008

Updates on our Little Man

29 confessions & pardons:

Guilty Mom said...

Munchkin said to me the other day "What are you doing, sweetheart?"

Anonymous said...

Caleb recently did the same thing -- T. said to him -- "You're such a sweet boy." To which he responded "You such a sweet boy, too, Daddy." And, with a glance to me, "And you a sweet Mommy."
__ LRC

Marc said...

one of my favorite things that Munchkin A does is randomly declare, "You're great!"

To which I respond through my uproarious laughter, "You're great, little man!"

Guilty Mom said...

Monkey is finally getting around to his 2-year-old molars...but it means a drippy nose & a crabby guy. He discoverd play-do the other day though [plah-yay-dough according to him!] and that has helped considerably!

Guilty Mom said...

Down for the past 3 days with a fever near 103. Poor baby - but voted twice today!

Guilty Mom said...

When I called to him yesterday, he answered with "Yes my lovey?"

Thankfully his fever has broken and he's back to destroying the house!

Guilty Mom said...

Daddy has a few thoughts of his own to share. Check out his post at http://acesoneights.blogspot.com/2008/11/kids-say-darnedest-things.html

Guilty Mom said...

I also love that he said to me the other day, "You look like handsome!"

Guilty Mom said...

Nonna & Papa recently gave him some watercolors and he has been having a grand ole time painting! He's also beginning to recognize numbers, so we're working with him on that. He's memorized most of the Pledge of Allegiance (random, I know) and I'm starting him on the "Our Father." His memory totally blows us away.

Guilty Mom said...

We've started doing some paper crafts together - except all of my glue sticks are dried up (and who wants to go to the craft store with 2 little ones???). We're using glue and he loves it. So far it's been a turkey, a Christmas tree, and two snowmen. It's fun hanging out with a little kid.

Yesterday he asked, "What you have in your tea Mommy? A beanbag?"

Guilty Mom said...

Another day, another drippy nose. We had a great Thanksgiving and his Nonna enjoyed feeding him dessert before dinner! Thanks Mom! He received another Play-Doh set (thanks Jan!) and is loving it! And we did finally get the glue sticks. That was a one-baby trip. And she screamed almost the entire time.

He continues to amaze us with his whole sentences and crazy vocabulary.

Oh - and today he saw the Starbucks logo in a magazine. He pointed to it and said "remember this Mommy?" Well, yes, I do - but I didn't know why he did. We don't drink coffee & I don't remember ever having pointed it out to him. I asked him where he saw it before and he said the wedding. Where we were sleeping. Ahh yes. The hotel where we stayed for the wedding had a Starbucks in the lobby. Crazy. How does he remember things like that???

Guilty Mom said...

Munchkin split his lip open the other day. No fun. Thankfully no stitches though. Mommy was a wreck at the thought of having to bring him to the ER with baby sister in tow! (Don't worry. I would have done it if I needed to!!)

Nonna & Auntie came to baby-sit while Mommy & Daddy went out. Auntie didn't know he's not using toothpaste, but found out when he didn't know how to spit it out! He then went running to Nonna to show her his white teeth. And then back to the bathroom to check them out in the mirror!

Guilty Mom said...

We went to a gingerbread party last night. He was so excited. But truth be told, Daddy had more fun making a gingerbread house, complete with chimney and smoke! Little Man was given a stuffed dog and decided its name should be (get this) "Chinchilla." Yeah.

Guilty Mom said...

He's so excited about Christmas! When we pulled out all our decorations, he started jumping up and down and yelling "okay! Okay! Okay!" He put up a bunch of ornaments and kept moving them to new places. When he saw an ornament with St. Nick on it, he decided it was "God." He got very upset with Mommy and Daddy when we tried to correct him!

Guilty Mom said...

Daddy and Little Man went out in the snow today to shovel & play. Munchkin wanted to help Daddy so he grabbed his toy rake and hoe and "helped."

He's learned the "Our Father"! And how to snap his fingers. Seriously. I was at least 7 before I figured that one out.

Guilty Mom said...

We've been wrapping presents & he has decided they are all for him! Just wait til Christmas day. The family has already warned me that he'll be spoiled this year!

Guilty Mom said...

Christmas was great. Our Little Man was so excited to go to his Nonna & Papa's house and see all their decorations. In his excitement he exclaimed "I've never been here before!"

On Christmas Day he went into director-mode. "Okay everyone!" he boomed, "Let's open some presents!" Along with a ton of books and enough Play-Doh to last until he's 6, he also received an easel, a guitar, and a drum. Very exciting for our Little Mister!

Guilty Mom said...

Here's his version of "Frosty the Snowman" sung at the top of his lungs:

Frosty the Snowman
Works very hard!

Guilty Mom said...

Those molars I commented about at the end of October - yeah, they FINALLY poked out this week!

Guilty Mom said...

I found the sticker chart we had used for potty-training before the baby was born - and he got so excited! Yesterday he went 6 times! And then again today! But of course, there's still no convincing him that pooping in the potty is okay too.

Guilty Mom said...

His latest haircut (thanks to Mommy) has him looking so much like a boy. How is it possible my baby is 2 1/2???

He recently learned how to spell his name and surprised us by drawing the first letter on his new easel.

Guilty Mom said...

Is it possible we took too many pictures of him when he was little? He never wants his picture taken now! Or is this just a normal 2 1/2 year old thing? It's like living with a whole new kid!

Guilty Mom said...

Munchkin has a new step stool. He loves it. He spends lots of time "washing his hands" and "brushing his teeth" now. Actually, one very helpful thing is that whenever his sister's pacifier falls on the floor, he races to pick it up so he can be the one to wash it off!

Guilty Mom said...

At times I find myself annoyed at all the "helping" he wants to do. But his independent spirit comes from Yours Truly, so how can I complain? He's really into trains right now and we just got a Playmobil 123 train set. He even took the engine to bed!

Guilty Mom said...

When I told him that we had to go to Mommy's doctor today, he asked, "why?" and looked at my belly. "Do you have another baby in there?"

Guilty Mom said...

It's been awhile and for that I apologize. Our little guy is rapidly approaching 3 and I can't get over it! He's into trains BIG TIME! He can tell you all about Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends. He knows what a tender is and that it's different from a freight car. I never knew so much about trains before!

He's so sweet with his sister. Today he called her "Sweet Princess." My heart melted.

He LOVES that it's warm outside and that we get to play in the yard. He is, however, afraid of dogs - even the slightest hint of one.

Potty training is still...well...we started a new chart today and he was pretty excited about that. Sometimes I wonder if I should just break out his tiny first potty and stick his sister on it. That might give him a push to do it himself!

Guilty Mom said...

Little Man came down with another stomach bug. Actually, first he spun around like a madman, then fell and hit his head. He got this massive egg on his forehead! A day and a half later, he was throwing up. I called the pediatrician to see what they thought and their concern was concussion. So of course, it's a Sunday night - and we have to head to the ER. At least it was a children's hospital! But it turns out that there's yet another stomach virus passing around like wildfire around here. At least it's not swine flu!

Guilty Mom said...

We had the last of his 3 birthday parties on Saturday. This is one very well-loved little boy! He looks more and more like a boy everyday! Where did my sweet baby go? We took him on his very first train ride during vacation week and he was in 7th heaven!

Guilty Mom said...

Now that I'm back from my trip, he keeps saying "I missed you Mommy! I want to hug you!" "I just love you, ya know" and "I just want to squish you up!"