August 1, 2008

Whose Body Is This, Anyway?

A friend once told me about how her best friend had dropped a ton of weight. She kept doing double-takes at the mirror because she couldn't believe how thin she had become. That's me too. Only in reverse. I'm that thin girl inside a big body who just can't come to grips with reality.

I still seem to think I have my pre-baby size, but the mirror won't let me to live a lie. Case in point: the other day I was at a book store with a friend and our little ones. There were these great Adirondack chairs in the kids' section and I thought they'd be perfect for a rest. Except I wasn't going to fit in one by a long shot. Too bad I didn't realize that before I tried to sit down.

It probably has something to do with that ice cream confession....

I recently turned and smashed into the grocery cart handle - with my pregnant belly! I seriously thought I was going to bruise. Or at least do some serious damage to my unborn child.

Oh, and then there was the time hubby tried to squeeze past me, but ended up bumping my bump. When I complained, he replied, "It was sticking out!" Yeah. No kidding.


**Only 51 days to go!**

4 confessions & pardons:

Dawn said...

did you know that the last time i saw you, the day that dave & i met you & marc in boston for a day of reunions & sightseeing, we were going into a metro station and i walked right into a turnstile that was "closed"? i was only 2 months along but i slammed my abdomen into that metal, and it scared me silly. for about 1 hour i fretted over it. all before we met up with you guys.

lucy was fine, of course.

Anonymous said...

remember Thom and I moved the week before Kara was born and I went into labor with many, many boxes still left unopened. Kara was born on a Friday. I came home on Sunday night. By Tuesday morning I remember standing on a chair in the kitchen hanging things on the wall and then squeezing between a huge stack of boxes and our closet door to reach something -- JUST BECAUSE I COULD!!!! I may not have had "my" body back, but I was at least happy to be the only inhabitant!!

Hang in there! Miss you!! -- baby belly and all!!

Guilty Mom said...

Dawn - too funny. I totally didn't know that. But how crazy that you remember it! Lynn-nore - I keep thinking about how great it will be when there's only one of us in this body. Of course, then I'll have one attached at the breast and one attached at the hip...

Dawn said...

and to comment on your last bit there, V, now that i have TWO on my hips and my "body to myself again", all i wanna do is have another! what is WRONG with me!!