December 1, 2008

Just Give Me the Epidural! (vol. 1)

Our Bradley Method instructor once told us that the reason she chose natural childbirth was because "there are no epidurals for life." I've decided I want to change that here and now. There are so many things in life that call for one! Here's just the beginning:

1. I want an epidural for breastfeeding. Ouch!


2. I want an epidural for interactions with my mother-in-law. [I'm so going to be in trouble for writing this.]


3. I want an epidural for our sad little car. Honestly, we don't even try to put it in reverse anymore!


4. I want an epidural for our housing situation. [I really, really, really want to stop having a landlord who is also my mother-in-law. Oh, and see #2. I'm really in trouble now!]


5. I want an epidural for losing the baby weight. And I mean baby #1 weight.


The anesthesiologist will be tired of me before my requests are over....

2 confessions & pardons:

Anonymous said...

ooh, oohh, I want in... after Caleb a thought occurred to me "Why the %*!&* didn't I avail myself of thousands of years of medical science?!" I had both my kids the same way babies had been born since the dawn of time -- what was I thinking?!

At any rate, today I want an epidural that makes it impossible to hear screaming 8 1/2 year old girls, particularly around dinner time! La, La, La -- Mommy can't hear you!

Anonymous said...

I want an epidural from bills! Can I give my husband one? He needs one for work!