January 26, 2009

Look What I Found!

Today I found Jesus. He was hiding in a box of diapers.

It certainly sounds like it should be a metaphor for some great truth learned. Instead, it's just one more peek into our crazy lives.

We'd just noticed he was missing. All the other nativity pieces were accounted for - but where was baby Jesus? Knowing he'd turn up eventually, I didn't even bother to look for him.

Last week I found Daddy's trimmer in the refrigerator. That's where we found the Little Miss Muffet's shoes as well. Countless small objects have been found inside socks, boots, and DVD cases.

This lovely game of hide-and-seek keeps life interesting. I'm just hoping that someday the other half of my brain will show up - maybe in another box of diapers.

2 confessions & pardons:

Guilty Mom said...

Is it poetry, irony, or just plain sad that I lost the piece of paper that I had jotted this post on, right before I set out to type it up???

Anonymous said...

I think I know when the other half of your brain will show up. It won't be IN a bag of diapers.

It'll be sitting on the shelf when your DONE with the LAST bag of diapers!

I recall having just gained my brain back from Kara when I found out I was pregnant with Caleb.

Two weeks ago when Caleb made the final jump to big boy underpants I felt a sudden jolt and BAM there it was right back in my head again!!

Of course, just as my braing showed back up my eyes welled up with tears -- my baby isn't a baby anymore.