March 28, 2009

19 Dresses

Hubby had an awards dinner for work last night. I'm so proud of him. It took some finagling (including two baby-sitters, three cars, and a special-diet dinner), but we managed to enjoy a night on the town. Because it was a fancy affair and we rubbed shoulders with all the big-wigs of the company, I wanted to dress-to-impress. The hunt for attire was on. I figured it would be best to start at the mall - hit the department stores one by one until I found something. And given that the dinner was last night, I started yesterday afternoon.

Here's a few thoughts for fashion designers:
-First, just because I'm petite (read, short), does NOT mean I am an old lady! Please do not design clothing for Grandma when you come out with your new fall line!
-Second, a little black dress should never look like the perfect outfit for a funeral. It might be something that you'd wear to a funeral eventually, but it definitely doesn't score any points by looking like you designed it just for that purpose.
-Third, if you design something with silky material, please include a dryer sheet so that when I try it on I can get rid of static cling and see what my hair might look like when I'm in your dress.

Now a note or two for store setter-uppers:
-First, DO NOT PUT PETITES NEAR WOMEN'S! It's just mean. And besides, why is it that you have to hunt all over the store looking for these sections? Because I'm not "normal"-sized??
-Second, do not put maternity near women's! This is also cruel and mean.
-Third, why do you dress mannequins in clothing that you then hide deep in the recesses of your store? Put it where I can see it! Then maybe I'll buy it!

So after 9 stores and 19 dresses, I finally decided #18 was the one. And of course the best part is that I was able to buy it in a size 2! Thank you dairy-free!

1 confessions & pardons:

ginny said...

I also find that there isnt much clothes in the petite section too chose from, why is that? Well anyways,im happy to hear you found something and i bet you looked very pretty in it. Sounds like you had a great night out too.