March 20, 2009

SPRING!

Since the last week of January, we've had:

4 stomach bugs (5 if you count Grandma) with vomiting and diarrhea

4 fifty-degree days

3 colds

3 coughs

3 unsuccessful baths where Little Girl screams bloody murder

3 guests

3 playdates

2 post-nasal drips

2 cases of conjunctivitis

1 snowstorm with 10 inches of snow

1 sinus infection

1 ear infection

1 fast for 42 hours to raise money with World Vision

1 case of laryngitis

1 men's retreat

1 "new" car

1 baby learning to say "ma-ma-ma" and beginning to scoot

1 museum visit

1 disappointing run-in with the phone company who couldn't get us high-speed Internet and cable like they thought they could

1 big birthday

I'm ready for Spring!

1 confessions & pardons:

Anonymous said...

That's Great! I wanna try....

Since the first of January we've had....

12 Unemployment Checks

11 Weeks where the kids had less than five days of school for either weather, virus or holiday

10 Spelling tests

9 days over 70 degrees

8 sick days for Kara

7 times Thom has talked with people at a potential place of employment

6 different paint colors we considered for our kitchen

5 times I've called Vanessa and talked for less than five minutes

4 times I've "rented" vinyl samples from Lowes or Home Depot only to decide I don't like the sample once it's in my kitchen

3 times I've gotten so frustrated with the "sort-my-mom's-photos" project that I've had to put it away to keep from pulling my hair out

2 times I've gotten together with a friend to do some scrapbooking

1 time my three-year-old son said to me "Mama, I have God in my heart. Do you have God in your heart?"

That sort of makes it all worth it!