October 26, 2009

To My Love

In seven years, a number of things have changed. There's now a restaurant in the once-secluded park where you proposed. My body bears the stretchmarks and scars of pregnancy, childbirth, and a removed appendix. We live in a place we swore we never would. We have two of the world's most amazing children. We've lost old friends and welcomed new ones. My childhood home is being rented out. You're working in a field you never dreamed would become your nine-to-five. We've gone through way too many vehicles together. Seven years have taken us to all kinds of strange and glorious places. But through it all, some things have not changed. You've not stopped showing me how much you cherish me. I've not stopped being thankful that you are my lover and friend. I love you. Happy Anniversary.

0 confessions & pardons: