June 11, 2009

Before Baby

My son turns three later this month. I have no idea how it happened. It has flown by...but my pre-Mommy life seems like, well, like a lifetime ago! Before my son was born,

-I slept in on Saturdays
-I could finish entire conversations
-I ate my meals when they were ready and still warm
-I only ever went to the bathroom ALL BY MYSELF
-I listened to all kinds of music, and not the same song over and over and over...
-I thought nothing about calling a friend and getting together last minute
-my husband and I could have a candlelight dinner and know no one would blow them out
-I could watch TV in the middle of the day
-I knew nothing about Thomas the Tank Engine or any of his Friends
-I finished entire books - and not just the Sandra Boynton variety!
-I ran a classroom. Very effectively, I might add!
-I thought 3-year-olds were so little
-I had no stretch marks!
-I had one set of glasses, and just a few plastic cups
-my brain worked
-spontaneity was a key ingredient in my life
-I didn't know I could love someone so fiercely, no matter what - just because they exist

1 confessions & pardons:

Marc said...

Hear hear to that last one. I am astonished at how much love has been implanted in me for these two little people!