June 8, 2009

Striking a Deal

They have an agreement. Unspoken of course, but an agreement nonetheless. It seems that my children have realized if they want some time with Mommy all by themselves, they simply need to find some time when the other is asleep.

And so, Mommy is a zombie, longing for bed. Morning arrives between 5 and 6am, bedtime comes after midnight. And of course, we might as well wake up a few times in between. The kids will take turns sleeping and Mommy will make sure not to drive when she's seeing double. Sounds like a win-win!

3 confessions & pardons:

Mariposa said...

Oh my...the joy and pain of being a Mommy! I'd still love to be one anyway...LOL

I hope you get the sleep you need and that you can at least get those power naps! They say it do wonders.

Mom said...

Now you know why I would fall asleep at the wheel and need to pull over to take cat nap! LOL

Guilty Mom said...

Mariposa - I promise, even though I complain A LOT, the joys outweigh the pains every day!

And Mom, yeah - I remember those naps you'd take. Especially when you'd pick me up from school but then pull over to nap in the car. I was so embarrassed...But now I get it!