June 28, 2009

It's Just Their Heads!

Walking around with a baby gets you lots of attention. If I were an extrovert, I might be tempted to have a few more just to continue to get random strangers to come over and talk to me! Most people want to know how old my sweet girl is. When I offer her age (nine months, currently), I often hear, "Wow! She's big!"

I never know how to reply. Usually I just say, "um, yeah." But what I want to say is, "no really - she's not. It's just her head."

My babies have big heads. At six months, they were both in the 25th percentile for weight, 50th for length, and 90th for head circumference! Our Little Miss recently had her 9-month check-up. Turns out she's dropped to the 5th percentile for weight (!), and 25th for length...but her head is still on that perfect 90th curve! So clearly, she's not a big baby. She just has a big head.
And if that means she'll be short, but smart, that's okay with me!

2 confessions & pardons:

Mom said...

Hey, she takes after her mom! When can she have my pasta and meatballs that will add a few percentages:)
Give them hugs and kisses for me!!
Love you,
Mom

Unknown said...

I recently found out baby's brains literally grow bigger as they develop brain function/"intelligence"...so you should be thrilled. At this rate she'll be a GENIUS!!!!