June 2, 2009

What Should You Do With A Sleeping Baby?

Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet, eating...what her brother dropped on the floor. In our case, it was a Honey Nut Cheerio. When I realized something was rolling around in that little mouth I scooped her up and did a quick finger-sweep. Lovely. So now I'm thinking 'honey. Nut. Great.' A quick call to the pediatrician revealed that she should be fine, but that we should keep a close eye on her, just in case.

When she took an extra-long nap this morning I started panicking. Did her throat close up while she was asleep? Did she have some sort of crazy reaction and now she's...well, you know. My mind goes to these weird places. I start hashing out in my brain what I would do if I went in and found something wrong. Call 911? Start CPR? Scream? Stay calm so as not to up set the Little Man? Eventually I go in and scrutinize her abdomen, looking for that easy up-and-down movement. I don't see it. I put my hand close to her nose - and accidentally swipe her lip. Oops. Baby's awake. And clearly fine. I can tell by all the crying.

So, yeah. So far all is well. It's just too bad Mommy is so morbid!

1 confessions & pardons:

Blueberry Eyes Design said...

ah, the things I have to look forward to!