June 16, 2009

Who, Me?

Sometimes I don't want to be the mom. Sometimes I just want to stay in bed and sleep. I want someone to take care of me all day. Cook for me. Clean up after all the random things I decide to take out and dump on the floor. Make decisions so I don't have to.

There are days where it just seems strange that I'm a mom. Wasn't it just yesterday that I worried about what I would do after high school? How is it possible that I have two kids of my own?

Don't get me wrong - I love them dearly. It's just that I often wonder where they came from! And how could my baby boy be turning three?? I think this is why people have mid-life crises. Not that I'm mid-life (I don't think anyway...) - I just can't believe I'm not a freeloading teenager anymore! No, you couldn't pay me enough to live through my teen years again. But I also don't feel like I should slow these years down either. They're flying - but I can't wait until I can sleep again. Maybe then I'll get my brain back....

What was I saying?

0 confessions & pardons: