November 17, 2009

This Just In: I'M MOVING!


Finally! I've found the perfect spot - TURKEY!

That's right - I'm moving to Turkey. My husband doesn't know this yet - but he will soon!

Today I met a woman from Turkey and she told me about some of the differences in our respective cultures. One thing she really misses about life there, is apartment (or "flat") life. Evidently, in a group of 8 or 9 flats, the families would all pay a certain amount of money that would go towards the salary of someone who lived on the bottom floor. That man would buy their groceries and keep things in order. The wife would come everyday to clean your flat. You could call them at any time and they would run errands for you.

Sounds nice, huh? So that's it. I figure it's the least I could do for my family. If I can't do it all - I might as well hire someone else to! And my mom already has a job.... So, it's off to Turkey I go!

1 confessions & pardons:

Ronnica said...

LOL I just got back from Turkey, ironically. I haven't heard the kapices being quite like that in every place, so make sure you choose carefully! Seriously though, I LOVE their apartments much better than ours. Much more open and home like!