November 22, 2009

Writer's Block

Okay - I've been sitting here for an hour and I still can't come up with anything. So, I've decided to invite you into this blog post! Here's your chance to sound off, give an opinion, list what you're thankful for, ask a question, recommend a Christmas present, predict what the New Year will hold, or complain about the Swine Flu.

Ready? Go!

6 confessions & pardons:

Troy said...

I just wanted to say thanks for the clothes (again!) and keep up the good work on the blog this month, you're almost done! Hope to see you guys, soon!

BlueberryEyesDesign said...

So Thanksgiving is in 4 days. We are hosting...yikes, you should see my house. Rather than clean my house, or put away all the bins of baby clothes, I decided it would be fun to add more work to the to do list. What a great idea, let's put up Christmas decorations early this year! The first night of decorating went well, got most done. Well, except for the mess of tissue paper, candles, knick knacks, garland, lights, etc. all over the place. The next day I got that all cleaned and Hubby so sweetly brought in the tree for me. We have one of those pre-lit Christmas trees. I got it on the after Christmas sale at Target 2 years ago. It was a great deal, I paid about $10 for a $100 tree! Anyway, I am so excited to get this tree up and decorated. Hubby and baby girl are playing on the floor, Christmas music is playing in the background...beautiful scene, that is, until mommy plugs the in the tree. What?! It's not lighting up?!! Okay, well maybe I plugged them in wrong. So I try again, half the tree lights up! AAHH! Now hubby is interested in what's happening, baby girl is hungry and mommy is VERY frustrated. What was going to be a wonderful perfect Christmastime scene is turning bad quickly. While I take baby girl into the kitchen to eat, hubby works on the tree for the better part of an hour. What did he accomplish? You ask...One more strand of lights works. Just because I bought the tree on clearance doesn't mean it's supposed to be junk! I thought they would last longer than 2 Christmases! I would have spent my almost $10 elsewhere!!
So, Thanksgiving is in four days. We have half of our Christmas decorations up, some fall decorations still up, bins of clothes all over the living room, along with a half lit, undecorated Christmas tree. Oh yeah, don't forget the tissue paper, garland, etc. I mentioned earlier! Good idea, NOT!
So are we ready for Thanksgiving? No. Are you?

BlueberryEyesDesign said...

P.S. I am very Thankful you are all coming to my house this year, however it may look.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for this amazing thing called the Internet which helps me keep old friends close by even when we're far apart! Blessings this Thanksgiving!

Nonna said...

I am thankful that I will be seeing all of my family this Thanksgiving!

Keep posting it's fun to read and your doing a great job on it.

Linda said...

I´m thankful I´ll have the chance to celebrate my first Thanksgiving ever with amazing people I´ve met during my study-trip. And also, that I´ll be able to spend even more time with my new friends on a dream journey!
And!!! I´m very thankful, that I´ve stayed in touch with my old friend and could see her once again...:)
Looking forward to the next time!!! :)